If you’re a music lover there are plenty of musical treats to enjoy at the O2 this spring. Whether you’re into rock, country music, indie, or are a fan of the theatre and classical genre, there’s something for everyone at the O2! We’ve put together a list of the of spring concerts at the O2 not to be missed…
Top Concerts at the O2 this Spring (in no particular order!)
· UK band Keane play the O2 on Monday 26th January. Currently touring their third album “Perfect Symmetry”, the band always attract huge crowds. Fans of the piano driven rock act enthuse about the energetic performance of the band and the brilliant vocals of Tom Chaplin. Tickets cost €39.20 and can be purchased from Ticketmaster.
· The Pussycat Dolls warm up the O2 on Sunday February 1st. Widely regarded as the biggest girl band on the planet, the five piece act will perform their stunning dance routines and tracks from the reportoire which include smash hits “Don’t Cha” and tracks from their latest album “Doll Domination”. Tickets cost €49.50.
· Tuesday 10th February sees a show which will make you need to dust down those denims and studded leather jackets! Hard rock kings Megadeth, Judas Priest and Testament perform at the O2. Tickets range from €45.20 to €52.80.
· Massive sellers since 2005, The Kaiser Chiefs rock the O2 on Thursday February 19th. Currently touring the smash hit album “Off With Their Heads” this is a show not to be missed. Hugely impressive live in concert, featuring Ricky Wilson on lead vocals, the ticket prices for this concert range from €37.60 to €41.70.
· Hugely successful and highly rated US Band The Killers play the O2 on Thursday 19th February. Now touring their third record “Day and Age” and on the back of two huge selling albums, this concert is now sold out; so if you are lucky to have a ticket, enjoy a marvellous show with Brandon Flowers and his band.
· Wednesday 25th February sees the wonderful Il Divo take to the stage at the O2. Add four tremendous operatic voices to popular music and you get the picture! A brilliant show is in store for fans, with over 20 million records sold – it’s a unique opportunity to catch a classic act. The act also play the O2 on the 7th and 8th of March. Ticket prices range from €51.80 to €72.70.
· Snow Patrol tour their latest offering “Hundred Million Suns” and play two dates at the O2 – 28th February and 1st March (he 28th February show is sold out). An electric performance is assured! Tickets are available for the March 1st show and prices range from €49.20 to €54.80.
· Thursday 5th March sees the celebrated Andrea Bocelli sing with gusto at the O2. Classical fans are in for a real treat! The award winning singer performs his many classics at this brilliant show. He’s probably best remembered for his duet with Sarah Brightman, “Time to Say Goodbye”, a worldwide hit in 1997. Tickets for the show range from €55.00 to €155.00.
· Tuesday 24th March sees celebrated country music legend and multiple award winner Kenny Rogers perform at the O2. Tickets cost €66.25. With countless hits including “The Gambler,” “Islands in the Stream,” and “We’ve Got Tonight” this is a show not to be missed!
· From March 31st to April 5th, the universally celebrated Cirque du Soleil presents Quidan at the O2; tickets for this marvellous entertainment show cost €66.25.
So there you have it our top 10 acts playing the O2 this spring. You can find out more about upcoming events on the O2 website.
Further sell out shows in Spring 2009 at the O2 include performances by Tina Turner, AC/DC, Pink and Lionel Richie, so if you have tickets for these shows you are definitely one of the fortunate ones!
For more information on the O2 Arena check out our article: The O2 – Formerly the Point Theatre.
If you’re looking for somewhere to stay for any of the above events we have an excellent selection of Dublin hotels to choose from.
Have you been to a gig at the new O2? Let us know what you thought of it! Drop us a line in the comment box below – we’d love to hear from you.