If you’re arriving at Cork Airport and are heading to the city centre, we’ve made it easy for you. Listed are all the options available to you and if you’re driving we’ve even included directions.
Take the easy way out and hop on a bus. Bus Eireann operate a regular service from 7.30am (Cork Airport) until 9.30pm, Monday to Friday and from 7.10am (Cork Bus Station) to 9pm. On Saturdays, Sundays and Public holidays there’s a reduced service.
Service Number: 226 (Air coach Service Cork Airport to Cork Parnell Place Bus Station – journey time 25 minutes approximately.
There’s no direct train service to/from Cork Airport, but you can catch the bus to Parnell Place Bus Station and then a train for your onward journey from Kent Station. For a full train timetable check out the Irish Rail website.
There’s also a taxi rank located outside the arrivals hall.
The journey will take approximately 13 minutes and is roughly 8km from the airport to the city – please allow for local traffic conditions.
The Airport is located on the end of the N27 when approaching North, West or East and if you are coming from the Kinsale its off the R600.
(1) Proceed out of the airport paying attention to exit signs.
(2) Pass through 2 roundabouts.
(3) At the 3rd roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Avenue 4000.
(4) At the Airport Road roundabout take the 1st
(5) Keep an eye out for local signs directing you towards the city centre.
(6) When you get to the junction of Albert Street and S. City Link Road proceed on to Eglington Street.
(7) At the junction of Eglington Street and E. Albert Quay turn left and then take a right turn at the top of the road onto Anglesea Street.
(8) Just barely touching Anglesea Street – proceed on to Parnell Place and the a left inot Oliver Plunkett Street.
(9) Continue down this street a little and then turn left onto Morgan Street.
(10) Arrive Cork city.
Now all you need is somewhere to stay? Take a look at our Cork hotels page.
Have you any tips for travelling from Cork Airport to the city centre – we’d love to hear from you!