Looking for a romantic getaway? Maybe you need the perfect honeymoon suggestion? Whatever the reason, look no further; Ireland is the answer for that very special romantic break.
We’ve listed 6 romantic reasons to visit.
1. With breathtaking scenery attributed by its stunning coastlines, rolling lush green hills, rusty boglands, colourful little villages and towns, vibrant cities and much more beneath dramatic Irish skies, Ireland truly is a beautiful country with much to see and do. With such an amazing canvas you’ll have plenty opportunity to capture the perfect honeymoon photos.
2. When it comes to eating out you’ll be spoilt for choice. Treat those taste buds to Ireland’s wonderful choice of traditional Irish dishes and delicacies. From Irish stew to the catch of the day to soda bread and more, the list is endless and the choice is yours. Of course a pint of the black stuff is a great way to wash it all down after! From traditional Irish pub food to modern and chic restaurants you won’t be disappointed.
3. Why not spend a romantic night in a traditional Irish bar, with a warm welcoming turf fire, inspiring and wonderful traditional Irish music, relaxing atmosphere and friendly local clientele? And if you’re looking for a more exciting nightlife Ireland also has an abundance of nightclubs and disco bars to choose from.
4. Ireland is a country steeped in rich and romantic history, with its many historical castles, round towers, forts, passage tombs, high crosses, period houses, manors, monuments and ruins there are many reminders of Ireland’s earlier days.
5. For those who enjoy adventure and activities Ireland will certainly get your adrenaline pumping. With amazing hills, cliffs and mountains there’s much to conquer if you’re into hiking and hill walking. Irish waters run deep and there are great opportunities throughout for all kinds of water sports.
6. Ireland has a wonderful selection of accommodation to choose from. You can pamper yourself in a luxury hotel; experience the Irish way of life with a stay in a traditional farmhouse or townhouse bed and breakfast, the list is endless! But what could be more romantic than treating yourself and your loved one to a stay in a legendary castle for your honeymoon. Tale a look at our selection of Castle accommodation in Ireland.
Start planning your honeymoon today and look forward to a relaxing break – you’ll need it after all the hard work with your wedding preparations! For somewhere to stay check out our Ireland hotels page – you’ll receive instant confirmation on your booking.
Have you been to Ireland before? Perhaps you spent you honeymoon here - as always we would love to hear from you.