With the current economic climate we are all looking for ways to save money, this does not mean however that you cannot take that well-deserved holiday! The following article takes a look at Dublin city and offers some great tips and advise on how to holiday in this great European city on a budget.
Dublin Airport is conveniently located approximately 10km north of Dublin City Centre. Dublin Airport is Ireland’s busiest airport with over 33 airlines catering for both direct and transfer flights making this wonderful city easily accessible from all corners of the world. When booking flights you will want to avail of the best price possible, the following tips can certainly pay off when booking a flight to Dublin:
- Shop around – Prices do change so it is advisable to shop around, check online and with your local travel agent and compare prices.
- There is a huge difference in airline prices between high and low season. During high season there is great demand and prices are normally at their most expensive. During low season airlines can cut their rates dramatically to attract business. So if you can travel during low season you could save yourself a considerable amount of money.
- There are some great last minute holidays available and you can bag yourself a bargain, however, booking well in advance can also be a money saver! The ‘Low Fares Airlines’ are cheaper when booked in advance and continue to increase in price closer to the date as seats are filled. For ‘Charter Flights’, seats are sold at a higher rate in advance, and closer to the date prices are cut on all seats remaining.
- Booking on-line can save you money, time and hassle. Be aware however of any hidden extras and ensure to go to the end of the booking process to view all taxes, insurance and any other additional fees that may be added on. Never confirm a booking until you are fully aware of the total price!
- Be as flexible as you can when choosing your dates, weekdays are normally cheaper than weekends and flight times can also make an impact on price. Research and research again, then compare pricing.
- Unfortunately there is no one rule to purchase cheap flights, but the above information can help in achieving just that. Never ponder too long on a great deal and if the time is right, and most important, if the PRICE is right then book that flight today.
BUDGET ACCOMMODATION IN DUBLIN
Looking for budget accommodation in Dublin? then look no further. Check out our Budget Dublin Hotels page for a huge selection of budget hotels located throughout the city centre.
Perhaps hostels are your thing? Why not view our Dublin Hostel accommodation pages for further details. Please note, all accommodations listed are Irish Tourist Board Approved and offer some fantastic money savers for midweek and weekend breaks. Book your Dublin Accommodation securely online now and receive instant confirmation when you book today.
GETTING FROM DUBLIN AIRPORT TO YOUR HOTEL
There are some excellent public transport services available at Dublin airport that will take you to direct to downtown Dublin or close to your hotel. Check out our article Getting from Dublin Airport to you Hotel for further details.
TRANSPORT IN DUBLIN
Car Hire - What better way to feel the freedom and independence of travel than by car hire? Check out our Dublin Airport Car Hire pages for some excellent car hire deals and grab yourself another bargain!
Bus - Dublin provides over 1200 buses serving over 200 routes in Dublin city. Check out Dublin Bus for fares and timetables.
Tram – The Luas is Dublin’s light rail transit system and is a popular and efficient means of getting around the city. Check out our article The Luas – 5 things you should know for further details.
Rent a Bike – Coming to a street near you this summer! Read all about this fantastic and budget transport scheme being introduced this year in Dublin. Check out Dublin Bike Rental Scheme and get on your bike!
FREE DUBLIN ATTRACTIONS
Dublin City has an abundance of fantastic tourist attractions only waiting to be discovered. Some attractions in Dublin charge an admission fee, these however are pretty reasonable but if you are strictly sticking to that budget you will be happy to hear that Dublin also has an abundance of free attractions well worth a visit and all it will cost you is time and time well spent! Check out our article Free Dublin Attractions
The ‘Dublin Pass’ is also a fantastic way to save money while you explore Dublin City. Offering free entry to approximately 30 tourist attractions in Dublin, The ‘Dublin Pass’ is a great money saver and also entitles the holder to great discounts and savings at many restaurants, shops and cafés! For further details check out The Dublin Pass.
EATING OUT IN DUBLIN
You certainly will be spoilt for choice when it comes to dining in Dublin. Dublin has huge selection of fine restaurants and cafés peppered about its city that will satisfy all tastes and budgets. If you are on a budget I am sure Michelin Stars are not a priority, however this does not mean you have to dine ‘a la take-away’ every day! Always check the displayed menu of each eatery and if the dishes are tempting ensure the price is just the same! Don’t be afraid to ask for some advice and suggestions from your host or some local people.
Check out our comprehensive listing of Restaurants in Dublin for some great suggestions.
So there you have it – our guide to Dublin on a Budget!
Perhaps you have other suggestions you would like to share with our readers? Have you any comments on the above? As always we would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave a comment in the comment box below. Thank you.