As there is so much to see and do in Dublin you could spend days exploring this wonderful city and county, however if you are limited to just 24 hours in Dublin you will need to carefully plan your itinerary and get as much as possible in. The following article looks at some great ways to utilize your time and get the best out of Dublin in a day.
Travelling from Dublin Airport:
Check out our article Bus and Coach Services from Dublin Airport for some great public transport suggestions to and from Dublin Airport.
Perhaps you are continuing your journey onwards from Dublin, so why not check out our Car Hire Dublin Airport page for some great car hire deals. Choose from a large fleet of vehicles at excellent rates and book securely online today.
Bus Tour of Dublin:
One of the best ways to familiarize yourself with Dublin is to take a tour on one of Dublin’s hop-on hop-off bus tours. There are many bus tours you can avail of throughout the city giving you the freedom to explore Dublin at your leisure. Dublin Bus Tour is a great example of one such tour:
This tour operates daily from 9.30am and you can join this tour at any of 23 stops which are each conveniently located near some of Dublin’s most popular tourist attractions and locations. During this tour a live tour guide will take you through the streets of Dublin informing you of the history and culture of this great city.
Listed are the locations and attractions you will visit on this tour – and all in just one day!
1. Cathal Brugha Street.
2. Abbey Street – Lower O’Connell Street.
3. Trinity College – Saint Stephen’s Green.
4. Nassau Street.
5. National Gallery – Merrion Square West.
6. Government Buildings – Merrion Square West.
7. Saint Stephen’s Green & Grafton Street.
8. Dublin Tourism Centre – Suffolk Street.
9. Temple Bar – Dame Street.
10. Dublin Castle – Cork Hill.
11. Christchurch Cathedral – Christchurch Place.
12. Saint Patrick’s Cathedral – Patrick’s Street.
13. Guinness Storehouse – Saint James’s Gate.
14. Museum of Modern Art – Royal Hospital Kilmainham.
15. Kilmainham Gaol – Old Kilmainham.
16. Heuston Train Station – Saint John’s Road.
17. Dublin Zoo – Phoenix Park.
18. Ryan’s Victoria Bar – Parkgate Street.
19. National Museum – Collin’s Barracks.
20. Old Jameson Distillery – Smithfield.
21. Liffey River Cruise – Bachelors Walk.
22. Dublin Bus Headquarters – Upper O’Connell Street.
23. Writer’s Museum – Parnell Square North.
Shopping in Dublin
Dublin offers an excellent standard of shopping throughout the city and Dublin’s Grafton Street and Henry Street are the places to go. You certainly will be spoilt for choice when it comes to the latest trends and fashion from head to foot. You can also pick up some great bargains along the way and a visit to Dublin Tourism on Suffolk Street will take care of all those Dublin souvenirs!
Eating out in Dublin
When it comes to treating those taste buds Dublin offers a wonderful choice of traditional dishes and delicacies. From Irish stew to soda bread and the catch of the day and more, the list is endless and the choice is yours. There are some fine eateries to choose from and most offer great early bird menus.
For a listing on Dublin restaurants check out our Restaurants in Dublin pages for some great suggestions.
Again the choice is endless and Dublin ticks all boxes when it comes to entertainment and nightlife. Temple Bar is Dublin’s cultural and entertainment quarter with an abundance of traditional Irish bars, pulsating nightclubs, disco bars, café bars and much more.
The following article takes a look at just a selection of Top Dublin Nightclubs located throughout the city, so go on, let Dublin entertain you, you won’t be disappointed.
After a fun-packed 24 hours in Dublin you will welcome a good nights sleep. Check out our Dublin Hotel pages and choose from a large selection of Dublin Hotels at excellent rates. Book online today and receive instant confirmations on all reservations, its that simple!
As Dublin is such a popular destination it is very important to book your accommodation well in advance to avoid any disappointment and to get the best rates available.
Have you other suggestions you would like to share with our readers? Please feel free to leave a comment in the comment box below. Thank you.