With the current economic climate we are all looking for ways to save money. Saving money is one of those things that is so much easier said than done! There is so much more to it than spending less money, although that part alone can be challenging. So if you are thinking of taking a holiday in Ireland this year, why not check out our article listing 5 great ways to save money when you holiday in Ireland.
For further details please read on…
Getting to Ireland
- Book your flight or ferry in advance, often the earlier you book the cheaper the fare.
- Try to be as flexible as possible with your dates.
- Research the general rates with different airlines and ferry services to get a guide price.
- Check for good deals and bargains on the individual airline and ferry websites.
- Check for off peak times: weekdays, late night and early morning flights and ferry crossings.
- If you find a great deal then book it straight away, don’t wait as they won’t wait for you!
- Sign up for email alerts which will notify you of the latest deals and special offers available.
- Ensure there are no hidden extras, taxes, booking fees etc can be added on at the end of the booking process – be aware of the total cost before you confirm anything.
Getting around Ireland
- What better way to feel the freedom and independence of the open road than by car. With excellent car hire deals available in Ireland offering great choices of vehicles suitable for all tastes and budgets, why not check out our Car hire in Ireland pages and get an instant quote today!
- Ireland has a great bus and rail network system throughout the country and for further details, fares and timetables check out the Bus Eireann and Irish Rail websites.
- For escorted tours in Ireland ranging from 5 to 12 day tours, or tours tailored to suit your needs check out our CIE Escorted Tours website for some great deals.
Tourist attractions in Ireland
- There really is so much to see and do in Ireland, with breathtaking scenery contributed by stunning coastlines, rolling green hills, glistening rivers and lakes beneath dramatic skies, at every turn there is something only waiting to be discovered. For a selection of tourist attractions worth a visit in Ireland why not check out our article: Top 10 Attractions to Visit when in Ireland.
- Most tourist attractions that have an entrance fee are very reasonably priced and alot are even free! If you are visiting the fair city of Dublin then there is much so see and do here and again so much for free! Why not check out our article: Free Dublin Attractions – Time Well Spent for some great suggestions.
- If you are planning to visit a lot of historic sites like Newgrange or Glendalough, it may be worth considering getting a Heritagecard, The Heritagecard gives you “free” entry to all sites in Ireland for just one payment!
- There is a similar service available for the Dublin area called ‘The Dublin Pass’ and for further details check our article The Dublin Pass – Your ticket to the cities attractions.
Dining in Ireland
- There are many fine restaurants and cafés throughout Ireland to choose from, each offering tempting mouth-watering cuisine. Most restaurants offer an early bird menu so you will still get the same great taste at a fraction of the price. Carveries are another great option available when it comes to eating out and are normally priced very reasonable. Found in pubs or “family restaurants” the carvery lunch will satisfy your taste buds and your pocket! Take-out meals are available from many fish & chip shops, Chinese and Indian restaurants and take-aways, these are just another great option if you are dining on a budget.
Accommodation in Ireland
- It is very important to book your accommodation in advance; with a great choice of hotel, guesthouse, Bed and Breakfast and self-catering accommodation you are sure to find something to suite your taste and budget.
- Why not check out our Ireland accommodation pages and book your accommodation in Ireland securely online today. Choose from an excellent selection of accommodation at competitive rates and receive instant confirmations when you reserve online.
Are there other suggestions you would like to share with our readers? Please feel free to leave a comment in the comment box below – as always your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.