Is it possible to visit Ireland on a budget you ask? Yes is the answer but to achieve this you will need to do a lot of research and cut some corners, this should not affect your experience however and you are sure to want to return again and again. For some great tips and advise on how to visit Ireland on a budget please read on…
Getting to Ireland
Flight / Ferry
- Whether you intend to travel by flight or ferry it is advisable to research these fares well in advance to avail of the cheapest rates available.
- Always try to be as flexible as possible with your dates as different rates apply to different dates.
- Ensure to get a quote from the different airlines and ferry services as these do vary.
- You may come across good deals and bargains on offer on the individual airline and ferry websites so ensure to investigate these.
- Check the off-peak times during weekdays, late night and early mornings for flight and ferry crossings.
- If you stumble across a great deal then don’t hesitate and book it as soon as you can as these great deals won’t wait for you!
- Sign up for emails and newsletters which will notify you of great deals and special offers available.
- Make sure there are no additional extras like: taxes, booking fees etc as these can be added on just before you confirm your booking – be aware of the total cost before you confirm your booking.
Getting around Ireland
Depending on your travel itinerary and number of days you plan to visit Ireland, car hire is a great option if you plan to visit a number of locations during your stay. Travel where you want and when you want and in comfort when you rent a car in Ireland.
Why not check out our Ireland car hire pages and reserve a car today. Choose from a large fleet of vehicles at excellent rates and book securely online today.
Bus / Rail
Escorted tours in Ireland can range from 5 – 12 day tours, tours can also be tailored to suit your needs. Check out our CIE Escorted Tours pages for some great escorted tour deals.
Accommodation in Ireland
When it comes to accommodation it is very important to book this as far in advance as possible as demand for dates, time of the year, weekends, bank holidays etc all affect the availability and price of accommodation. With such a great selection of accommodation to choose from there is something to suit all tastes and budgets.
Budget accommodation can range from Bed and Breakfast accommodation to hostel accommodation and of course you can avail of special offers and deals when it comes to hotel accommodation and self-catering accommodation. Why not check out our Special Offers pages for some great choices and prices and book securely online today.
Places to visit / Tourist Attractions
No matter where you plan to visit in Ireland you are assured of plenty to see and do activities. Why not check out our tourism pages for some great suggestions and information on see and do activities in Ireland covering all corners of the country.
It is well worth visiting your nearest tourist office as well where you will get additional suggestions on where to visit and make sure you state that you are on a budget. If you are travelling with the family then you are sure to come across some great family discounts for many visitor attractions also.
There are some great visitor attractions available in Ireland and if heritage is your thing then make sure to pick up the Ireland Heritage Card which gives excellent discounts to all heritage sites throughout Ireland. The Dublin Pass offers discount rates to tourist attractions throughout the city.
Dining in Ireland
Again depending on how many days you plan to visit Ireland you too can save when it comes to dining. A good recommendation is to sample the best of both worlds, plan out your itinerary and sample the delights Ireland has to offer, with tempting traditional Irish dishes to international cuisine you can satisfy your taste buds with such choices in restaurants, pub grub and take aways. Again your host will recommend the best places to dine in the local area and you don’t have to spend a lot when it comes to cuisine in Ireland. Check out our listing of restaurants in Ireland.
In the current economic climate everyone is looking for a bargain so don’t be shy and make sure to state this when making enquires. Ensure to shop around and get the best rate for YOU.
Have you other suggestions you would like to share with our readers? What tips have you when it comes to visiting Ireland on a budget? Please feel free to leave a comment in the comment box below. Thank you.